Friday, April 8, 2011

Foursquare in not just for grade school anymore

So just what is this new FOURSQUARE app... Foursquare is primarily for letting your friends know where you are and figuring out where they are. Secondarily, it's for collecting points, prize "badges," and eventually, coupons, for going about your everyday business.
For checking in...that is what it is called... you can become the mayor of that location leave tips for friends and get discounts along the way. MOST OF ALL IT FUN!!
PS.. never under estimate the power of social networking. I use foursquare all the time. One example is - I arrive at a hotel in the Boise Idaho area for my husband and son to attend a hockey game. Me and My daughter in law decide we wanted to get a massage. I went to talk with the concierge and was blown off. I posted a comment on the foursquare regarding the way I was treated as I checkin..
The next morning I received a call from the Hotel manager offering my family a FREE yes I said it FREE breakfast for the trouble and the way I was treated by their staff. In return the Hotel started following me on my Foursquare page.
It is so easy to get started go to FOURSQUARE sign up. Download the app on your phone invite your friends to follow you (you will be surprised just how many of your friends are already members) then create new friends all over the Country. See what fun you can have and the discounts your can find.
Check it out look me up LORI FLEMING to be your friend
And start CHECKING IN
Its a BLAST

No comments: